We are delighted to offer open captions at one performance per production during the 2019-2020 season!
From our partners at C2net.org:
“Open Captioning is a general term used to describe text displayed simultaneous to live speech, dialogue or performance…Captioning is intended to be an alternate form of accessibility for the estimated population of 30 million hard of hearing and deaf in the United States,and specifically the 98% who do not use American Sign Language.”
Open Captions are offered at the following performances:
- Nixon’s Nixon: Saturday, September 28, 2019 | 3:00pm
- Trayf: Sunday, October 29, 2019 | 2:00pm
- Oliver! : Saturday, December 14, 2019 | 3:00pm
- Hair: Saturday, February 8, 2020 | 3:00pm
- Lady Day at Emerson’s Bar & Grill: Saturday, April 11, 2020 | 3:00pm
- August Wilson’s Fences: Saturday, May 9, 2020 | 3:00pm
Open Captioning is provided in part by Theatre Development Fund. This project is supported in part by an award from the National Endowment for the Arts.